NetBeans 6.8 IDE comes with JavaFX Composer
The JavaFX Composer is a plug-in for NetBeans IDE 6.8. It provides:
- Visual editor for a form-like UI using components in JavaFX 1.2.1 SDK
- Dynamic design editing based on states
- Data access to Web Services, databases and local storages
- Support for JavaFX binding
- Simple animation editor
- Multi-screen-size editing
From NetBeans 6.8 IDE, Tools — PlugIns — Available PlugIns, select JavaFX Composer, and click Install and go through the rest of installation wizard.
To use JavaFX Composer, you need to create a new JavaFX project, and use either JavaFX Desktop Business Application or JavaFX Mobile Business Application. You can’t use JavaFX Composer to open previous created JavaFX projects.
Source/Designer views, but the generated code can not be modified in the editor manually. You need to edit it from the designer view properties editor.